Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Blueberries, Indoor Tomato Plants & Garden Pics

Got some long awaited plants in last week: Hotel Giant Blueberries, Indoor Tomato Plants and Scarlet Bee Balm. They came from Gardener's Choice and though it took a while to get my order I am very pleased with the plants. They are taking off nicely. They do offer a free wildflower seed packet with every order and if you go to samples you can get more free seeds. Shipping was a little slow but I expect that when ordering live plants because they really do have to wait until the plants are mature enough to ship.


I ordered the indoor tomato plants hoping to get tomatos all year but I'm not sure if it will work. Right now I have them outside in hanging baskets so they will grow bigger but with any luck this winter they will produce in my sunroom. I got another product called a fruit salad tree. It came dormant. I planted it but I'm not sure when it will get leafy. It's supposed to produce 5 different kinds of fruits. How exciting is that? I'm sure it will be years before I see any fruit but it'll be well worth the wait to see what happens.





Indoor Tomato Plants (got 3)




Blueberries






Scarlet Bee Balm- Butterflies and bees love this stuff and it's so pretty!




My red rose bush. You can see the recycled rubber mulch in the background. This stuff looks so good. It's a little more expensive than regular mulch but is earth friendly and should last for about 12 years.




When catnip goes wrong!


I had to post this picture. I grew my own catnip this year from seed and the cats are loving it. They were just rolling around having a blast and then it got ugly!






vegan cosmetics, plants, herbs, gardening, herbalism

No comments:

Post a Comment