Friday, March 6, 2009

Indoor Tomato Update & Mandevilla

Last year I posted about the indoor tomatoes I purchased that were supposed to live indoors in the winter and still produce tomatoes. Sadly, they didn't make it through the winter in my house. To be fair, I didn't have them under a grow light so maybe they needed more light to survive. We did get some tomatoes off them last year so they weren't a waste of money but I was really hoping they would produce all year. Maybe if I had a better set up they would have survived.


I did have good luck wintering over my Pink Mandevilla. This plant is an incredible bloomer but tropical so it can't survive the winters here in Ohio. I put it in the basement and just watered it occasionally. A few weeks ago it looked dead! All the leave were brown and crinkled. But, to my delight when I got up close it was producing new green shoots. These last 2 days have been in the 60's here so I've been putting the mandevilla and my orange citrus plant outside to enjoy the warm sun, they seem pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment