Thursday, July 2, 2009

Salad Spinner: Must have for your greens




This is the salad spinner and a best friend to the veggie gardener! I never really understand what it was good for until this year. We are growing lettuce and all kinds of mixed greens in the garden. Right now, I can go out and pick enough to make myself a huge salad everyday and it's heaven! The only problem is the greens can get really gritty and dirty, I mean really gritty.


I take the little basket part out to the garden and gather what I want to eat. I give them a quick rinse with the faucet attachment. Then I put the basket inside the salad spinner, put the lid on and start cleaning the greens. In the picture at the top, you'll see a hole where running water from the faucet goes. Then you use the little crank to spin the basket around. All the greens go out to the sides to get washed and the spinning motion dries them off when you're done washing. Super invention!

I put my chives, greens, salad burnet, basils, cilantro and purslane together. It makes a wonderful salad and I grew it all myself so I know it's pesticide free!













No comments:

Post a Comment