Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Cleaning House & Thrifting



CLEANING HOUSE

My grandfather passed away last month at the age of 90. My grandmother passed in 2004. We started cleaning out their house recently. It's sad and there are many memories. We have to sort through what we want and what we plan to donate. On a positive note, the attic is full of great vintage stuff. I found matching rooster wall plaques and a decorative tray that matches my kitchen perfectly, strands of bells that I played with when I was little..... 
I'll post more pics of other things later on. Lots of owls and 70's decor! My grandparents really had good taste :-)



The coolest thing I've found so far is a LOOK magazine from 1968 with some amazing Beatles pics






THRIFTING

Went to our local Goodwill this week (Portsmouth, OH). I usually don't have much luck there. It seems like they don't get much good stuff and they ask a lot for it. For instance, you'll see a bowl with a dollar store $1 price tag on the bottom and Goodwill will have it marked for $1.89. I mean, seriously?
Anyway, I decided to stop in just in case and picked up a couple cheap treasures. 

I got this Vino sign for 69 cents which will be so cute above my wine fridge 
Carved wood coaster 59 cents. Not sure why I bought this :-)



Danny has been wanting a magazine holder for months.
I got this one for $3.10. It needs some TLC but cheaper than a
new one.  Maybe I should paint it? Not sure about that yet.

BARGAIN SHOPPING

This salt and pepper shaker set is not a thrifting find. I got it at Kmart, but it is seriously so cute for $7.00!


Life is Short Sign, Eat Dessert First sign. A bargain at Hobby Lobby $9.00. Half price!


Until next time......






No comments:

Post a Comment