Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Garden Update- July

The garden is looking great! All our hard work paid off. This picture was taken July 21st:



The heirloom Brandywine tomatoes I got are doing very well (super tall!) though they don't have many tomatoes yet. I plan on collecting and storing seeds for planting next year from these heirloom tomatoes. This will be my first attempt at seed collecting/storing/planting so we'll see how it goes.



I picked these tomato plants up locally and they already have so many green tomatoes for frying:



My indoor tomatoes, which are hanging in the arbor right now are starting to ripen:



I hope they do this well inside this winter.


We have 1 broccoli plant and 1 cabbage plant that I picked up locally jsut to see how they'd do. We also have some onions, carrots and a few pepper plants.


I think I may have the tallest oregano ever! I'm not sure if this picture does it justice or not. The sad thing is that I never even use oregano! So, send me your recipes using oregano. Those with tomatoes and oregano would be even better. christi@differentdaisy.com







vegan cosmetics, plants, herbs, gardening, herbalism

No comments:

Post a Comment