Wednesday, April 22, 2009

New Favorite Flower & Salad Burnet

Salad Burnet is a cool herb that many people have never heard of before. It is pretty new to me as well. What's fun about this plant is that if you eat a whole leaf you suddenly, magically taste cucumber. I mean the exact taste of cucumber. Just one bite of a leaf and nothing, but the whole leaf and there it is.
You can add this herb to salads, dips and sandwiches. It is perennial in zones 4-9 so you can use it all spring and summer as a substitute for cucumber.
These are my salad burnet starts which I just got potted up and on the porch tonight. It's April 22nd and the last expected frost date for Southern Ohio is May 7th, lots to do outside before then!






Wow, I absolutely love these Rananculus plants! The flowers are so pretty and the blooms have been lasting over 2 weeks, they're amazing. This is the first year I've had these and it won't be the last...










I picked these 2 plants up at a local garden center but I also have some seeds for these so hopefully they will do well for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment