Monday, March 7, 2011

Growing Microgreens


While looking through the seeds at Lowes yesterday, I noticed something new that I'd not seen there before- Burpee Microgreens Seeds Rainbow Blend. Included are Beet Detroit Red, Cabbage Pak Choi, Kohlrabi Purple, Broccoli DeCiccio and Radish China Rose. The packet is only $1.88 and there are quite a few seeds in it. They have a harvest time of only 10-15 days. You eat them just like salad, but they're smaller. I also picked up a Jiffy windowsill greenhouse for about $2.50. Hopefully, I can fully grow these microgreens inside with the help of a plant light. This plan could fail so I kept about half the seeds to plant outside later in the season.
If you love greens, go out and get you some Burpee microgreens!


Here in Southern Ohio, it's still not completely spring but signs of spring are upon us:

Crocus

But, just when you think winter is over, you get some snow like we got this past week:

Dwarf Iris

With spring fast approaching I really need to plan the garden layout. After having such a horrible time with weeds last year, I'm thinking most of my herbs and greens will go into pots and the corn and tomatoes will go into the ground.

I have every intention of doing more posts this spring, so stay tuned :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment