Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Signs of Spring


I was very happy to go out this week and find my first garden flower of the year- an English Daisy. I started these from seed last year and got no blooms, they were a bit of a disappointment but I have high hopes for them this year.
Also found some little flowers popping up in the yard. Chickweed should be along soon so I can start making fresh infusions again!

We had a couple 70 degree days so the cats are enjoying some outdoor time. This is Domino, our heavy weight.



Tonight for dinner we had vegan beef stroganoff and mashed potatoes, yummy!


Vegan Mashed Potatoes are super easy to make. Bring water to a boil, scrub and quarter about 5 potatoes and boil for 25 minutes. Drain and immediately blend with a hand mixer adding vegan sour cream, almond milk, Earth Balance margarine, minced garlic, chopped onions and salt and pepper to taste.

For gravy I used this gravy mix




No comments:

Post a Comment