Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Total Hotdog Failure but Saved by Hummus

Well, tonight I went to the grocery store and spent about $25 on spices I didn't already have (mace, coriander, ground cumin, and cardamon) and supplies to make the homemade veggie hot dogs at this link: http://thriftyliving.net/?p=107


Unfortunately, I hated them! Maybe I did something wrong, but the texture just didn't do it for me at all. I normally like stuff made with tofu too, so I really thought these would turn out good.   :(  It's so disappointing when you buy a bunch of stuff, work hard on a recipe and it isn't even edible. These are going in the garbage I'm afraid.


Luckily, I also picked up ingredients for Olive Hummus and some pita pockets. The hummus turned out super! So I made myself a sandwich and whipped up a batch of fudge, which also came out nice. The night turned out not to be a total waste of food after all!


No comments:

Post a Comment