Thursday, June 17, 2010

Chocolate-Granola Refrigerator Cookies

 The PDQ (Pretty Darn Quick) Vegetarian Cookbook: 240 Healthy and Easy No-Prep Recipes for Busy Cooks

Today, I made the Chocolate-Granola Refrigerator Cookies from page 176 of The PDQ (Pretty Darn Quick) Vegetarian Cookbook: 240 Healthy and Easy No-Prep Recipes for Busy Cooks

I like this book, though all the recipes aren't vegan, many are and you can make substitutions to make them vegan in most cases. There's a recipe for pineapple crisp that I really want to try soon.

I chose this cookie recipe because it was fast and required few ingredients. Still, I didn't have everything it called for, like walnuts or pecans and granola. Since I'm not a big nut fan anyway, I just omitted this and in place of granola, I used oats.

These turned out really good. I love the raisin, chocolate and coconut combination! It took no time to make them either. The picture did not turn out so good I'm afraid. Don't let the fact that they look so gross deter you :)



These didn't get as hard as no bake cookies. Maybe they will after a few hours. Doesn't matter to me though.
They won't go to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment