Friday, June 18, 2010

Pineapple Crisp




I've been eyeballing the Pineapple Crisp Recipe from page 184 of the  The PDQ (Pretty Darn Quick) Vegetarian Cookbook: 240 Healthy and Easy No-Prep Recipes for Busy Cooks  for awhile and since I had the book out I decided to get the rolled oats and canned pineapple to make it today. Glad I finally did! This really turned out tasty, however when I make it again I will make some changes. I must have had extra juicy pineapple chucks because reserving 1/2 cup of the juice from the can and adding it to the recipe made this WAY to watery. See all that unnecessary liquid:



Once I took it out of the oven, I drained the liquid, but it would have tasted better if it wasn't there at all, so next time I will omit the juice. It also needed a lot more topping, which was the best part, crispy and sweet, loved it lots. So next time, I will double the topping. I think something else that would probably help is to use crushed pineapple, since the chunks weren't uniform in shape, the topping didn't stick really well. Other than those few changes, this recipe was a hit! The topping part was so good, I'm going to use it on some other fruits.

 Look for more recipes to come from PDQ Vegetarian Cookbook

The PDQ (Pretty Darn Quick) Vegetarian Cookbook: 240 Healthy and Easy No-Prep Recipes for Busy Cooks


Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment