Sunday, June 20, 2010

Columbus Ohio Vegan Meetup

Yesterday I attended the Columbus, OH Vegan Meetup. If you're vegetarian or vegan and aren't familiar with meetup.com it's worth checking out. Meetups are organized by topic and city, so search for vegetarian and nearby cities to join a group. I like the Columbus Vegan Meetup because Columbus is only 2 hours away and has SO many veg friendly restaurants. This meetup was held at On The Fly, which is part of Dragonfly Restaurant.

I had been to Dragonfly before but never to On The Fly, so I was curious about the whole setup. I arrived a few minutes late and went into the building, which is a small room next to the restaurant with a counter and a few tables. It was hard to choose but I decided on tacos and chocolate mousse pie. Then, I found a place oustide at one of the cute little tables. The weather was perfect for this meetup, not too hot and a nice breeze. My order came and there were 3 tasty vegan tacos consisting of a corn tortilla, refried beans, lettuce and a veg cheese sauce. My favorite part was definitely the dessert. The mousse pie was thick and rich and creamy, all around delicious. I drank water in anticipation of how sweet and rich the pie would be, so for the tacos and pie my total came to $9.90. This isn't the cheapest place to eat but compared to Dragonfly, which will probably run you $15-$25 per person (and is well worth it) it is a more affordable option.

After the meetup, I decided to hit a few shops before making the two hour drive home. I love thrift store shopping and Columbus has the best thrift stores! These 2 fun bottles had to come home with me. Got both of these for only $4.50!!







The Crocosmia Lucifer is finally blooming! Spent most of the day weeding, not fun but necessary I guess.
Went to Lowes and bought a sedum assortment. I'll get some sedum pics up soon. Love these little groundcovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment