Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Growin' Some Peanuts, 2 Product Reviews & More Owls



My local nursery had something new this year that looked like a lot of fun-- peanut plants. I'm totally unfamiliar with growing peanuts, but I picked up a couple plants to try it out. I'm not even a big peanut fan, I just couldn't pass them up. I'll keep you posted on the nut situation.




Eating alone tonight so I went out to the garden, gathered some stuff for a salad and topped it with one of my favorite bottled salad dressings- Annie's Naturals Goddess Dressing. It's vegan and all natural and despite it's strong taste, I love it. I usually go for light salad dressing but this one is thick. The only real downside is that for the price, about $4.50 per bottle, it doesn't last me more than about 3 days worth of salads. I would love to come up with a recipe for something similar to make at home. If you have a recipe, please leave a comment!
Watch the label because there used to be 2 versions of this and one wasn't vegan.


Since I worked hard in the gardens today and as I mentioned I'm eating alone, it seemed like a good time to pull out one of my favorite convenience foods-- Simply Asia Sesame Teriyaki Noodle Bowl
I really like the flavor. It's a little sweet and the sesame seeds really make it special. You make this in the microwave in 2 minutes. They even give you the bowl and a little fork which makes it perfect for work. The downside-- I'm not a big fan of using a microwave and it's high  in sodium-- 47% of the RDA, yikes!! Another thing I don't really like is the bowl can't be recycled. However, since the bowl comes with a lid, it makes a great little seed starting container.





Months ago, I bought this adorable craft paper at a local hobby store. The same day, I found a gift bag with this owl on it. Lucky for me, the peachy color was a perfect match. I planned on doing something with it at some point and last night while I was super bored, I pulled the stuff out. I took a tray and painted it cream, then decoupaged the paper on, cut out the owl and adhered it, then topped it all with a protective coat. The end result, is a cute little tray that matches my living room.



This cutie came from a customer. She read the blog, saw I like owls and gave it to me :) What a nice gesture. The bottom comes off and you can put a candle in it. And it looks very cool lit up. I really love my customers and not just because they give me things ;)



Got this baby at a flea market. I think it's an owl. I guess it could be a chicken, but in my mind it's definitely an owl. Poor guy isn't perfect- has a chip on one ear- but I'm not complaining.



We've had this lamp for a couple of years.
Can you guess why I like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment