Sunday, February 21, 2010

Mystery Plant, Antique Vanity & Michael Jackson

Beautiful day today, in the 50's. Made Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches (recipe in earlier post), big salad with butter lettuce, green olives, avocado, red peppers and Italian dressing. I can't get enough butter lettuce, it's so tender and has a nice flavor.

Just finished watching This Is It!- documentary of Michael Jackson's final days. Michael had it all the way up to the end!

"I really feel that nature is trying so hard to compensate for man's mismanagement" - Michael Jackson


plant with no name


Danny got me this cute houseplant today and though I've seen them at Lowes before, I have no idea what it's called. The tag just says assorted houseplants. It looks like peas growing all over it. The plant had to be hung, if not all those little peas would make great cat toys and I don't know if it's a cat-safe plant or not.

If anyone out there knows what this is, let me know.




I love antiques, not country crocks and old tools but functional furniture, jewelry, scarves, clothes, etc. We found this vanity back in the summer and got it for the bargain price of $90. I'd been wanting a vanity forever, but all the new ones lacked the character I needed. This one had just a few flaws but made up for it in charm... lots of mirror space, visible drawers and hidden drawers behind 2 doors. The vanity didn't come with any kind of seat which was okay because there was this rough looking old stool we'd brought with us from the last house. Stain and a fabric cover made from a vintage sweater and now it looks like it belongs with the vanity. See the top of it in the middle there? I fell in love with the fabric but the style of that sweater was not good! Makes a much better stool seat cover.

Wow, how embarrassing, I really need to clean this STREAKY mirror!

1 comment:

  1. String of Pearls
    Senecio Radicans
    Poisonous if ingested.
    Very easy to root off of, like ivy.

    ReplyDelete