Thursday, February 25, 2010

Raw V8 Style Juice

I've had a V8 or 2 in my day an while I liked the flavor, there are a few things about it that make it less healthy than juicing your own fresh veggies.

For one thing it contains a lot of sodium which didn't really matter to me when I was younger but I try to watch it now. And, everything is from concentrate and it's been pasteurized so you aren't getting the full effect of the veggies. I've also heard rumors that V8 isn't vegan, it is however listed as vegetarian according to this page. There's a little vegetarian icon included. This does not mean it doesn't contain dairy derivatives hidden in the "natural flavors".

V8 Juice Ingredients: Tomato Juice from Concentrate (Water, Tomato Paste), Reconstituted Vegetable Juice Blend (Water and Concentrated Juices of Carrots, Celery, Beets, Parsley, Lettuce, Watercress, Spinach), Lemon Juice from Concentrate (Water, Lemon Juice Concentrate), Salt, Natural Flavoring, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Citric Acid.





If you don't have a juicer, get one as soon as you can! You'll be able to make wonderful concoctions like this Raw Veggie/Fruit V8.

All you need is a juicer and a variety of veggies and fruits. I used 1 cup salad blend, 1 bag baby carrots, 1 tomato, 1/2 a bunch of celery. I only had one tomato or I would have used 3 or 4. You can add a pinch of sea salt if you like. More tomatos will make it taste more like V8. You can also add some fresh herbs like cilantro, basil, oregano

This juice is super fresh and very good for you!




Have I mentioned how much I love vintage owl stuff? Well, this is an owl necklace from my collection. It's really big and really great! I've not seen another one like it and the best part is I paid only $1 for it at a junk store. Baaahahahaha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment